I'll make the Calgary game pretty brief.
Game Twelve Recap
Let us never speak of that game again. That was just dreadful to watch, but at least Jarome Iginla was kept at bay.
Game Thirteen Recap
And here's where we lost, or more specifically, where Kyle Brodziak had his mind blown by a toe drag.
Game Fourteen Recap
- It's like heavy lifting for this team to score, and utterly demoralizing to give up the game tying goal in fluky fashion just 45 seconds later.
- I tweeted this earlier, but it took 14 games for Mike Yeo to put Mikael Granlund on the wing. Keep him there, because its obvious he's over his head at Center. Me thinks elevating Kyle Brodziak up a line to where there is a emphasis on offense is a good thing though. Should get him going and add some sort of defensive conscience to a disastrously bad defensive combo of Devin Setoguchi and Granlund.
- Jonas Brodin played nearly 23 minutes at Evens last night, most on the team. I also like that he took five shot attempts, 3 of which were on net.
- Its understandable that someone has to take Cal Clutterbuck's spot when he went out with a-yet-to-be-disclosed injury, but please don't fall in love with Mike Rupp on the Third Line concept.
- When Marco Scandella was reassigned to Houston, Chuck Fletcher said "In Marco's defense, he missed four or five weeks, returned for one game, then came up to Minnesota. He didn't have time to find his game." Two things- if that isn't indictment of what's going on in Houston than I don't know what is, and why did we call him up then?!?
- Finally, Zach Parise had 12 shot attempts- TWELVE!- last night. Where would this team be without him?